SystmOne Online Services
We use a secure website called SystmOnline which provides:
- Appointment Booking
- Repeat Prescriptions
- Change of address / telephone number
- Access parts of your GP medical record (Detailed coded access only) – Currently unavailable.
- View test results
- View Summary Care Record
- View childhood vaccinations
Systmonline can be accessed here.
However you will need to register for the service (see below) before you can use it
The SystmOnline app is available for Apple and Android devices. It can be downloaded free of charge from the relevant app store.
The app allows patients to manage any aspect of their healthcare all from one place.
Note: In order to use this app, you must have already registered for Systmonline (see below).
How to Register for Systmonline
- Visit the Systmonline website
- Click on ‘Request Access to Online Services at Merchiston Surgery‘ and complete the online form.
- Once this form has been submitted you will have to provide proof of identity (photo-ID for the person making the application or alternatively a birth certificate if no photo ID is available) at reception before access to online services can be granted.
- Come into the surgery with your Identification and one of the Reception staff will be able to assist you.
You can only apply in person and once a patient reaches their 16th Birthday they will be required to Register themselves for an access code, to comply with confidentiality regulations.
PLEASE BE AWARE YOU WILL NEED TO ATTEND THE SURGERY TO PROVIDE IDENTIFICATION BEFORE YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT CAN BE ACTIVATED
Patients cannot register electronically for an Online Account because their identity must be checked and verified. Patients will need to submit an application form (currently unavailable – check back for updates). Patients aged 11 years and above who wish to allow another individual access to their detailed coded record will need to complete a “Proxy” application form. Please read the Patient leaflet for more information on detailed coded access.
Patients who already have an Online account and who wish to have detailed coded access to their medical record will still have to complete the application form.
Patients should present themselves at Reception with a completed application form and identification for Reception staff to confirm identify. It takes around 10 working days to set up an online account because of the requirement to check patient records before approving the detailed coded access element of the application. On approval patients will be issued with a user name and password.
Once access has been granted and you have registered to use Systmonline, you will be able to make and cancel appointments, order prescriptions and request online access to your medical records
Further information on GP online services can be found on the NHS Choices website.
Systmonline is protected by the highest security and cannot be accessed by others providing you keep your registration details secure.
- Easyread guides
- Getting started (PDF, 316kb)
- Giving another person access (PDF, 589kb)
- Giving employed carers access (PDF, 138kb)
- Guide for young people (PDF, 317kb)
- Guide for adult and young carers (PDF, 316kb)
- Protecting your GP online records (PDF, 273kb)
- About GP online records (PDF, 274kb)
- Your GP record (PDF, 307kb)